In 2023, Pakistan’s Ehsaas Masawat Program is working to support transgender individuals by giving them money and equal chances. This update talks about what the program aims to do, how to join, and who can be a part of it. The program cares about treating everyone fairly and equally.
Table of Contents
What’s the Masawat Program’s Main Goal?
The most important thing this program does is give money to transgender women in Pakistan. Transgender women get Rs. 7,000 every three months. While the Ehsaas program is all about helping poor people and giving them money, the Masawat Program is specifically for transgender people. It knows that they face different problems.
Pakistan’s government is now helping eunuchs as well. This is a big deal because it shows that they want to help a group of people who are often left out. The government is being fair and understanding about the money problems faced by transgender and eunuch people.
Transgender Welfare Policy
To help transgender people with their personal, social, cultural, and money problems, the Pakistan Social Protection Authority (PSPA) has a plan. It’s called the Transgender Persons Welfare Policy. This policy includes the Ehsaas Equality Program, which gives money and support to transgender people of all ages.
Key Initiatives of the Equality Program
Micro-Enterprises for Certified TGPs
This part of the program helps transgender people in Punjab start their own small businesses. They can get loans without paying interest from the Punjab Small Industries Corporation (PSIC). This helps them become entrepreneurs.
Special medical camps are organized for transgender people. They get free check-ups, treatment, and medicines. This makes sure they stay healthy.
More Job Opportunities
Private companies are working with the PSPA to create more jobs for transgender people. This way, they can earn money and have better lives.
Enrollment Process for the Benazir Khawaja Sara Program
To be a part of this program, transgender individuals can follow these steps:
- First, they need to get an ID from the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) that shows their gender identity as a eunuch.
- Then, they need to go to the Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) office to finish signing up.
Masawat for Transgender Individuals
This program gives money to older transgender people every month. They get Rs. 3,000. Transgender individuals with disabilities also get Rs. 2,000 every month. They can take this money out from HBL Konnect agents in Punjab.
Applying Online for the Ehsaas Masawat Program
Now, it’s easier to join the program because you can apply online. This is a good thing because it makes sure everyone, no matter their gender, can easily join.
Program Goals for Transgender Individuals
The Ehsaas Masawat Program has three big goals:
- To make sure transgender people don’t have to live in poverty and worry about not having a job.
- To help transgender people find work and make money. This will help them become more skilled and independent.
- To make sure transgender people get good medical care and don’t have to worry about sudden health problems.
To join this program, you need to:
- Be older than 40.
- If you’re under 40 and have a disability, you can also join.
- You need to have a valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) that says you’re transgender and disabled.
The Ehsaas Masawat Program in 2023 shows that Pakistan wants to be fair and equal to its transgender and eunuch communities. This program is a way of giving hope and help to those who often feel left out, and it’s a step towards a more equal society.